Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sigma

SO... Sigma Theta Tau (STT) invites went out today... and I'm sad to say I was NOT invited... At first I was extremely upset about this. I think I was one of the few who actually wanted to be invited, was interested in participating, and it actually meant something to. Well, the qualifications are to be the top 35% of your class, & demonstrate leadership. My overall GPA for the past 5 years is a 3.1. My nursing GPA is a 3.8. I got the highest grade in the toughest class (A- for critical care) AND scored the highest on our ATI comprehensive medical-surgical final (99% in the nation). But, overall I am not with the highest GPA.

This sucks. I'm hurt. The person who has a part in the decision making told me last quarter than no doubtedly I would be invited. Was I? No. I'm active in the department. I am on 3 committees for faculty. I volunteer for events. I am the president of my class. I have a part-time job in the ICU... WHAT ELSE??

I feel like all I've done is for nothing. But that's a bit dramatic I know... I am thankful though after talking to my friend. She was in clinical today and some how I came up and the clinical & professor said no doubtedly I should get one... that she'd be shocked if I didn't. So that makes me feel a tiny bit better. Maybe all I do isn't unnoticed? Oh well, I do what I do for myself. Not for anyone else. So at this point in the day I must say I feel okay with the situation. Thank god for good friends!!

okay, bed time for me... night all

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Life as a Nursing Student. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan