Friday, February 19, 2010

Group projects

Words cannot begin to express how much I hate group projects. What is it about sharing work for a grade that induces laziness?? It's funny, I don't think I've heard of one group that worked well together. Everyone in our class seemed to be frustrated at other people's lack of initiative and laziness. I thought I had a good group, boy was I wrong... We did our project on internet safety, quite an interesting topic. However, my group wanted to go home the weekend before it was due. Priorities people!!! Forget that we haven't done a poster board, forget that we haven't planned our presentation, just got home and spend 4 days with your "Valentine". At least he will still be there for you after you fail out of the program.

Sorry to rant, but I just wish that this project was a solo job. I guess it's a valid representation of what future group efforts in nursing will be like. Who know's when the grade will come out, we did do a self/group evaluation that was "private", but I didn't blast my partners. I think in the end the product was good and we shouldn't get less than a B+.

Oh well, I guess I should get back to studying for Peds... FUN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Life as a Nursing Student. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan