Saturday, September 5, 2009

Social Networking

So I have browsed allnurses.com quite a bit. I recall a post talking about whether or not to friend doctors from work. I thought it was an absurd question. What could be so wrong with that? Plenty of things thats what!

I recently came across many doctors from the ER I used to work in on facebook. Mind you, some of these doctors have cheated on their wives (Known fact), and they're also not the most mild mannered people you might come across. Any who, said doctor from work friend requested me. Let's call him Will. I added him after much thought. Then I get a little pop up chat from him. We chat a bit. But then he starts commenting on my pictures and other things and I'm thinking, Oh lord, what if he brings this up at work. No.. No No No... this won't work. So I deleted him. Was this a bad move? Surely he's going to either friend request me again or ask me WTF at work.

I stand behind my decision. No doctors, school faculty, or older family members will be my friends on facebook.
It's too dangerous!! I love to rant on there, let a little frustration out. But no, I'll have to censor myself. Yea, I'm not ready to be censored.

Let the denied friend requests begin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Life as a Nursing Student. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan